How well do you know The GOAL?
The answers to The GOAL Quiz #3 are in bold italics...
13. What type of resource determines the effective capacity of the plant?
14. Jonah told Alex that there are two ways that the ideas the he is giving him won't work. What are they?
a. (1) Your product takes too many resources to product, or (2) Your operations are unique
b. (1) Your products are very complex, or (2) There is a significant amount of rework
c. (1) You have fluctuations in demand, or (2) You engineer your products to order
d. (1) There isn't any demand for the products the plant makes, or (2) You are determined not to change
15. Jonah's question to Alex when they first toured the plant and viewed Herbie #1 was:
a. Does that require a long set-up time?
b. Do you have another one of those?
c. Why isn't it working right now?
d. Do more than 18% of your products pass through this machine?
16. How many rules express the relationship between bottlenecks and non-bottlenecks?
17. Two of the following are principle themes to optimize the use of bottlenecks. They are:
a. Make sure a bottleneck's time is not wasted, & Take some of the bottleneck load and place it on non-bottlenecks
b. Make sure a bottleneck's time is not wasted, & Make sure all bottleneck loads are balanced
c. Make sure that a bottleneck doesn't become a CCR, & Optimize bottleneck and non-bottlenecks alike
d. Use bottlenecks sparingly, & Take some of the bottleneck load and place it on non-bottlenecks
18. After employing the Red Tag/Green Tag priority system, Stacey reported that, "The bottlenecks have spread." Consulting with Jonah, the cause was determined to be:
a. Some workers became confused about which Tag received priority
b. They started to put Red Tags on non-bottleneck parts
c. Work was released to keep all resources activated, and they turned non-bottleneck milling machines into bottlenecks
d. Throughput increased to the degree that more resources were required to work more than their capacity